Sunday, September 3, 2017

Document Sent To Petersen Dean's Insurance CapSpecialty

CapSpecialty is Petersen Dean's Insurance Company. This document was sent to them as case history.

Partial List of Unfinished Work and Property Damages By Petersen Dean Inc.



1. Creaking roof at back end of house over master bedroom. Sound like someone walking on roof but no one is. Possibly loose solar panel or rotten wood not replaced. Will be inspected by CSLB on April 18, 2017.

2. Stucco/Paint powder coating entire contents of house. Caused my autistic son lung infection. Caused contractors to feel sick. Caused me nose bleeds, eye and lung irritations. November 2, 2016 accident was never addressed. Petersen Dean let the powder drift from my son’s bedroom into the house while using repair as leverage to get a document signed saying they already cleaned the powder. Constant threats verbally by phone, by email and by certified letter saying I must sign that the job was done satisfactorily BEFORE they would complete the job.

3. Steel rods with sharp screws in my neighbor’s side yard that neighbor’s child could slice legs open or impale themselves on. Electrician gave an estimate to place in a safer location and cap for safety. Petersen Dean refused to fix this until AFTER I signed a document saying they had fixed it.

4. Broken Patio Concrete and broken wood garden trim. Petersen Dean contractors used my patio planter as a work bench. While cutting wood they cut the wooden garden trim and broke off a piece of patio. Petersen Dean refused to repair this until UNLESS I signed a Hero Program document stating that they had already fixed this BEFORE they fixed it.

5. Possible fines from BUILDING & SAFETY because Petersen Dean did not get a permit to alter my water heater.

6. Appearance that not all the rotten wood on the roof was replaced. Some replaced rotten wood was replaced but larger than original wood, causing the side of the house to be c-shaped instead of straight. I sent photos to Petersen Dean and requested they fix it. They did fix the too large pieces but not all the rotten looking wood. Some of the new wood that I could see from the ground was split. After much arguing they reluctantly replaced the split in half wood. When I asked again about wood that looked rotten and pointed out that the primer was spotty, Petersen Dean told me that it was “thirsty wood”, that it drank the primer. I was unable to tell if the creaking wood was rotten or if the solar panel was loose as it is a very high two story roof.

7. Sledgehammer damage inside the garage. I witnessed the Petersen Dean contractor slam the outside of my house very hard with a sledgehammer. I saw it knock electrical wires out of the wall. Petersen Dean said they would fix this AFTER I signed the HERO PROGRAM document that said all repairs had been made.




8. Due to Petersen Dean’s behavior and the HERO PROGRAM not really having the Senior Citizen Protection Department they told me they had to gain my business, I asked to have a document showing EXACTLY how much this job was really costing me because I had received vague and conflicting explanations of the confusing lectures but nothing in writing. I was told I would not have to make a payment for a year and it would come out of my property tax, that I would have no DWP bill, that I would get my roof for free for going solar at the same time. Then I was told that offer expired before I agreed to do the job, but I got an even better deal. The $30,000 job would cost me $20,000 and my savings would make it even cheaper. I asked for a document in writing because Petersen Dean seemed angry the day of the Stucco Accident when Building Cleaning Services said it would cost $2000 to START cleaning the stucco dust depending on how many items were coated. Petersen Deans anger over spending any money on repairs made me suspicious. I gave the document to H & R Block and was informed that I would not save hundreds of dollars each month on electricity because I only pay $60.00 a month. I was told that I would not really get the $10,000 roof free because I do not fit in that tax bracket. I am 64. My autistic son is 33 and our income in SSI and IHSS. It seems that only wealthy people would get the promised tax break and yet HERO and Petersen Deal sell the program as the only way low income/fixed income seniors can afford home improvement. I began getting phone calls from Petersen Dean men I had never met. One offered to give me $500 of his own money and would bring a bucket of water in his car since there was no sink due to mold remediation stripping the kitchen bare, and he wanted to personally clean all the stucco dust from my house and kept asking to meet me alone in the house to discuss this. He kept telling me he was nice and the next men would not be nice. I was told by another Petersen Dean man that he wanted to come to the house, not the hotel where we are staying and wanted to hand me a check for $2000 to clean the stucco powder which had by now drifted into the ducts and all over the house. He said he would have the $2000 check in one hand and the HERO PROGRAM document in the other and he would let go of the check as soon as I signed the document. I asked him why he didn’t just mail the check to Building Cleaning Services. He said he felt if he talked to me I would begin to understand. He said he would bring another man, that I also did not know, with him. I said I would only meet him in public, in the police station. He became furious with me.

9. Upon being confronted with the information that H&R Block said this was a tax credit scam, both HERO and Petersen Dean communicated and agreed in emails to remove the solar panels and finance the roof only. During the week that Petersen Dean claimed they were arranging to remove the panels, Build & Safety informed me that Petersen Dean had not requested a solar permit refund and this was necessary if I wanted to refinance or sell my house. I was advised not to sign anything because Petersen Deans insistence that they didn’t need to do this was suspicious. Petersen Dean kept insisting they didn’t need the money. For someone who didn’t want to spend money on even small repairs, it seemed odd that they didn’t want a refund. It was also harmful to me as the property owner, Building and Safety informed me. During the week Petersen Dean said they were preparing to remove the solar panels, they instead filed TWO Mechanic Liens on my property instead of keeping their word. HERO backed them by saying they withdrew all options of financing the project. HERO abandoned me instead of protecting me as promised.

10. I began filling out forms with government agencies after asking the Department of Justice where I should go for help. My autistic son James was gravely ill. The lung infection was so serious I stayed up at night to watch his breathing. He often could not catch his breath. I was unable to work on the mold remediation interviewing due to my son’s health. I had to begin interviewing with attorneys and agencies asking for help instead of making appointment I needed to make to make the mold remediation job stay on schedule. Therefore I would like to list the hotel time I lost due to having to fight to save my home November 1, 2016 until present April 2017 and this money will allow me to stay in the hotel room instead of having to live in my car with my autistic son starting April 25, 2017. Our home is not safe to occupy. There are electrical hazards that could electrocute my son if I fell asleep and he wandered downstairs. It is impossible to babyproof in its unfinished state. There is still a dangerous amount stucco powder in the air and it has drifted downstairs. Contractors have refused to work in the house until it is removed because they instantly feel sick. My son might die of lung complications if we try to sleep in the house on April 25, 2017 when our ASSURANT mold claim hotel allotment runs out.

11. After a seven month ordeal last year when the CFPB saved us from becoming homeless this time last year because OCWEN HOME LOAN SERVICING thanked me for never being late on a loan payment for the six difficult years following divorce where my then husband made a bad loan to get a “free car”, I got power of attorney to pay my ex-husband’s debt and NEVER missed a payment. I was never late on ANY of my bills. OCWEN congratulated me on earning the $5000 HAMP incentive and for getting $76,700.00 from KEEP YOUR HOME CALIFORNIA. The same day OCWEN congratulated me, they took my name off the loan, put it back in my ex-husband’s name knowing he would never pay and not even knowing where he resided anymore. I was informed they had decided not to honor my 2010 Loan Modification that I had paid on time for six years. Honda Finance had told me, after the court let me keep my Honda back when my former husband abandoned us financially, Honda had a long relationship with me due to that financial disaster and every two years I would lease a new car much cheaper than the previous and I rebuilt our world. Honda said that when OCWEN finally let me assume the loan after this unusually long six year probation, my credit score would go up. Indeed, it came out of the 420 flatline and moved up to 735. I was so happy. When OCWEN suddenly took my name off the loan it crashed back to the 400s. In a panic I called Honda Finance because I didn’t know who to call. They asked me, “Have you ever heard of the CFPB?”  I called the CFPB and two days later my name was back on the loan. The CFPB has fined OCWEN the year before for doing this very thing. It took seven months of repeated reports to the CFPB to get OCWEN to stop manipulating my credit score by posting false information. In September 2017 my credit score was back to normal and I looked forward to refinancing my home as soon as the mold remediation was completed. Petersen Dean Inc’s filing Mechanic liens to worm out of making repairs that would cut into their profits stopped me from being able to do the refinancing with a more honest loan servicer like the CFPB and I had worked seven months to make possible. Petersen Dean placed Mechanic liens as leverage to try to cap the cost of repairs at $2000.

12. I would like also to be given enough money to speak to a therapist for approximately six month to deal with the stress that this ordeal caused me. The Petersen Dean men were so scary that at times it reminded me of the M Night Shyamalan film: UNBREAKABLE where a murderer has the mo of standing in front of the door of people’s houses saying, “I like your house. Can I come in. I want to come in.” I received many calls from a man at Petersen Dean asking when he could come to my house. I feared for our safety. We need to talk to a therapist about what we went through November 2016 until now. It has been a nonstop living in constant terror experience.

13. Teddy bears and Mickey Mouse toys. James does not need a financial award for his ongoing doctor appointments because they are covered by his Medicare/Medical LA CARE insurance. James’ entire bedroom is still covered with stucco powder and so are his favorite toys Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffed toys that he loves to hug and sleep with. I would like those to be replaced so he does not inhale any more stucco powder..

14. TO BE DETERMINED BY CSLB inspection. The CSLB is coming to the property to inspect and may find repairs that I do not have the expertise to notice need making, especially anything up on the roof itself.

15. TO BE DETERMINED: the price of removing the solar panels as agreed upon by PETERSEN DEAN and the HERO PROGRAM plus patching the roof anywhere it has been damaged by this removal.
 **********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment